QUICK,SPICY Guacamole Recipe...Now All You Need Is A Cold Drink

by - October 08, 2017


There’s nothing better than a fresh batch of guacamole.

AM I RIGHT THOUGH?

Which is why I feel like guacamole needs its own stand out feature on The Lucky Potato.

And not only is this a bomb-ass recipe, it’s also a bomb-ass recipe that takes like 5 seconds. Have to host a dinner party but have no time? I got you. Someone’s birthday? Bring this guac, you’ll be a real hit. Football Sunday? This guac needs to get involved. No football Sunday should be without guacamole.

This specific recipe is super quick. You can make this VERY FAST but it will taste like you worked real hard in the kitchen. This combo is usually ideal…right? I mean I’m not too fussy over spending hours cooking- I like fast.

Anyway, you can kind of tailor the spicy-ness to your needs. I mean we all know I like it to burn my mouth off so my jalapeño load is typically intense. And you guessed it: this recipe is filled with a lot of lemon.

AS FAR AS CHIPS: I like to do blue corn chips but I also like a low carb option. My friend, Lisa, recommended I add endive lettuce leaves to the equation. Basically I have a bowl of chips & then I’ll have a plate of endive lettuce leaves laying out- my friends love it! Endive lettuce is the size of a chip & it’s very sturdy so it holds the guac ( salsa is good with it too ). Kind of has a crisp texture with a delicious flavor. PLUS it’s crunchy like a chip. YUM.

However…there IS a plot twist.
 


homemade guacamole 7 | by the lucky potato


Wait for it…

Are you ready for the actual best guacamole tip ever?

Well, not just the best tip but the quickest tip.

A GUACAMOLE STARTER.

If you don’t know what a guacamole starter is, are you even a real, true avocado fan? I mean I feel you can’t really be committed to the avocado fan club if you’re not using a guacamole starter.

But you know what’s even better than a guacamole starter? A SPICY guacamole starter.

SO GOOD, SO EASY.


homemade guacamole 4 | by the lucky potato

Oh, ya…the recipe. Well it’s easy- see?

THE LUCKY POTATO’S SUPER EASY SPICY GUACAMOLE

5 organic avocados
What’s Gaby Cooking’s Spicy Guac Starter
1/2 organic lemon
Chile flakes ( optional for an extra zing! )

+ directions: mash avocados, add the starter, squeeze lemon, & sprinkle chile flakes to taste…yes guys- it’s THAT easy. Grab a bowl of blue corn chips or endive lettuce pieces, crack a cold beer, & enjoy!

| | | |

I should mention it’s always fun to sex up your guac: you can always add mango for mango guac! Corn or tomatoes are a fun addition too. Sometimes I add cilantro too- BECAUSE YUM. True Foods does a kale/grapefruit guac, that I LOVE. That’s next on my list to try.

If you’re a guac lover: anything I’m missing? Anything I need to try? I love getting creative with avocados so get specific with your tips & tricks.

Hope you all have a relaxing but productive weekend!


See you tomorrow, X sophie

You May Also Like

0 comments