Poem A Poison Tree : Sample Questions + Answers

by - August 15, 2018


  • -What emotion is expressed in Stanza 1 ?
Anger
  • -Which word in stanza 2 that has the same meaning as “dishonest”?
Deceitful
  • -What happened to the persona’s foe eventually and how did the persona react to this?
            The persona’s foe eventually died. He was glad to see his foe    outstretched beneath the tree
  • -What would you do if you had a misunderstanding with your enemy? Suggest 2 ways.        1.Talk to my enemy and solve the problem                                                                                    2.ignore my enemy                                                                                                                            
  • -In stanza 1, what happened to the persona when he did not express his anger?
            His anger intensified / grew.
  • -In stanza 3, what did the apple refer to?
 The apple referred to the persona’s anger / hatred.
  • -In stanza 4, why did the persona feel happy?
 He felt happy because his foe fell into his trap.
  • -In this poem, the persona was angry with his foe. If you were the persona’s friend, what advice would  you give to him?
Advice 1  . I would advise my friend to speak honestly to his foe so they could clear the misunderstanding between them
Advice 2:  I would advise my friend to forgive his foe because being angry would only hurt him and his foe
  • -What did the persona do when he was angry with his friend?
He told him his wrath and the wrath was gone.
  • -In stanza 2, how did the persona allow his anger to grow?
He watered it in fears and tears and sunned it with smiles and deceitful wiles
  • -In stanza 3, what does the word it refer to?
The persona’s anger / the poison tree / the tree
  • -If you were the persona, would you have been glad to see your “foe outstretched beneath the tree”? Give a reason to support your answer.
Yes because he had done something bad to me. OR
No, because we could have forgiven each other’s mistake.
  • -In stanza 1, who is the persona angry with?
His friend/ his enemy/ his foe
  • -Which word in stanza 1 shows the persona is similar to an apple tree?
 Grow
  • -In stanza 2, what does the word ‘it’ refer to?
The wrath
  • -How would you feel if you had a misunderstanding with your friend? Explain.
Feelings : upset/sad/ unhappy    [ 1 mark ]
Explanation  I have no one to talk to.
  • -Which phrase is stanza 1 has the same meaning as ‘kept his anger to himself’
I told it not”
  • -What did the persona do to ensure that the tree grew healthily?
He watered it with tears / He sunned it with smiles/ He sunned it with soft deceitful wiles
  • -‘In the morning glad I see
-My foe outstretched beneath the tree’
-In your opinion, how did the persona feel that morning?
The persona felt happy/ excited/ glad/ contented
  • -Do you agree with the persona’s feeling? Give a reason for your answer.
No, because it is wrong to kill someone.
Yes because the persona felt contented.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Why are everyone looking for ways online to get help solving their pregnancy and infertility problems when most of every native American is talking online about the help of Dr Mandaker Alamun. I checked him out when my husband who could not get me pregnant for over 9 years of marriage as a result of low sperm count became fertile and now, I am 5 months pregnant and it is this man known as Dr Mandaker who helped my husband solve his problem. My name is Alecia Maldonado from CA USA. I would advise anyone and everyone who needs the help of any spell caster in love marriage,finance, job promotion,lottery spell,poker spell,golf spell,Law & Court case Spells,money spell,weigh loss spell,diabetic spell,hypertensive spell,high cholesterol spell,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need spiritual marriage separation),good Luck, Money Spells,he also heal HIV and AID and it's all he does or looking for breakthrough in your political career to meet this Dr Mandaker the link to his website copy this link (witch-doctor.page4.me)His email contact witchhealing@outlook.com for He is a Reliable and trustworthy. I and my husband have gone to different hospitals having the thinking that I was at fault for not getting pregnant. But at the Federal hospital, they examined him too and his sperm count was low and unable to get a woman pregnant as a result of male infertility. It was then I sort out,thanks to Dr Mandaker.

    ReplyDelete